Top Cuban Cigars of 2009
It’s the middle of December and here comes the list of the best Cuban cigars of 2009. I had no problems selecting the #1, but the competition for positions 2-5 was quite tough.
- Trinidad Robusto T. This is an example of how a Cuban cigar can live up to the expectations. What an amazing cigar!
- H. Upmann Magnum 48 LE 2009. For the immediate pleasure and for its ageing potential, the limited edition from H. Upmann gets the #2 spot.
- Ramon Allones Specially Selected. As consistent as last year, this robusto keeps a place in the top 5. Still a solid box purchase.
- San Cristobal de la Habana Oficios. My discovery of the year – I fell in love with this vitola.
- Partagas Shorts. Properly aged, this is one of the best petit coronas the Cuban terroir has to offer. Unbeatable price/quality ratio.
I decided not to include very limited releases as well as regional editions in the above list as these cigars are hard to get.
The disappointment of the year, you will probably agree with me, is the Montecristo Open.
I am curious to hear your experiences. What Cuban cigars did you enjoy in 2009?