It's the middle of December again and, like every year, I am bringing you the list of the best Cuban cigars of 2010 (strictly based on my personal experiences). In fact, I'm quite surprised at the result because, for instance, I would never have thought that two cigars of a brand that I never particularly liked could make it to the list. Note: these are not just 2010 releases (in fact, none of these were released in 2010...) but simply my favorite cigars that I smoked in 2010.
- Cohiba Genios. No, not the Behike. Although the new release is certainly an excellent cigar, I think that the Genios are more complex and flavorful. This is a cigar I take out of the humidor for special occasions only; I must have smoked 5 or 6 this year and they all were amazing.
- Partagas Shorts. I could have placed this one on the top, but nobody would take that list seriously, so here goes. Due to the lack of free time (and recent cold weather), the Shorts, along with another cigar that you will soon discover, has been my go-to stick. I managed to acquire some aged boxes, have been ageing them some more and with 3-4 years they are just amazing.
- Trinidad Robusto T. Still as good as last year, Trinidad Robusto T resists and only loses a few spots. If you still haven't tried one, do yourself a favor.
- Partagas 8-9-8. I rediscovered this cigar in 2010. Impulsively bought a box from 2008 in Duty Free and the 3-4 that I managed to find time to smoke were great. I will try to update that old review in 2011!
- Montecristo No. 5. So this is my second go-to cigar this year. Again, it's better if you age them a couple of years like I did.
I hope you enjoyed the list and, as usual, I will be very happy to hear about your good smoking experiences in 2010. Unleash the comments!