To continue our “best cigars of the year” series, here goes the list of top non-Cuban cigars of 2008 (you can see the best Cuban cigars of 2008 here). This time, it is a group project – I did a simple survey among my followers on Twitter. The results were as follows:
- Oliva Serie V. It got the most votes and I completely agree on the fact that this is one of the best non-Cuban cigars I smoked this year.
- Rocky Patel Decade. Exceptionally elegant. Again, this one would be on my own top 5 list as well.
- La Riqueza. I definitely have to familiarize myself with Pete Johnson’s cigars… It seems like La Riqueza line is the one that really deserves some attention.
- Cubao. Can’t imagine a “best of” list without Don Pepin Garcia’s creations. Cubao finished in front of DPG Blue which also got a decent score.
- Padron 1926. This Nicaraguan classic is still a great smoke.
What are your non-Cuban cigars of 2008?