December means top cigars lists and, of course, our blog is no exception here. You will find below my list of the best Cuban cigars I had the pleasure to smoke in 2011. Some of them are new releases, some of them aren't, some of them are regular production, some are limited, but in all cases I enjoyed their consistency, flavors and ageing potential - they led me through 2011 which in all honesty wasn't the easiest year for me.
- Partagas 8-9-8. This elegant lonsdale earns the #1 spot as it changed its status from 'discovery' to 'humidor staple'. Highly recommended.
- Ramon Allones Specially Selected. Now, that's quite a comeback. I've been trying to find some hidden gems within the general production in 2011, but often find myself thinking that there's not much that can equal a good RASS. And, thankfully, the recent production has been rather consistent!
- Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto. I've been smoking a lot of these during cold months. I feel that they are on par with Monte Petit Edmundos that were crowned many times in my lists, but are more affordable and have a very pleasant sweet spot.
- Montecristo No. 4 Reserva. I received a fiver of these as a gift in the beginning of the year and they have been absolutely perfect. Too bad they are expensive and hard to find.
- H. Upmann Royal Robusto. If you read my review, you'll see that at the moment, although definitely not uninteresting, it really needs some time. I feel that the potential is high enough to get it an entry to the top list.
What makes these lists even better is your contribution. Please share your favorite Cuban smokes of the year in the comments below!